Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Defeat your worst enemy “YOURSELF”

I have read book from Kevin Abdulrahman "Winning the Game of Life"

This book has changed me alot, anyway this guy i like him so much.


Anyway, he said in his book that our worst enemy is ourselves, Indeed.

here i wont exlpain on how did i reached to this level "story below" but i can assure you, this story has impressed so many ppl in my university, some were even shared the stories with their friends.




here how it goas





Last we Monday 9/8/2010, I had a discussion with myself, here how it goes:
Myself: hey yoesof, aren’t you bored or shamed from your friends? You always talk about being successful but was there someone care about what you said? In fact, they were making fun of you.

Yoesof: well true, non- of them was listening, but who cares..!! I was talking for myself; I am just trying to share with them for what I know about success.

Myself: well well well…. You seem to be confident, let’s try test yourself then, here is the deal,
You stop smoking right now, if you can control yourself, means you could control your future since you already knew the worst enemy is yourself, cos he is the one who also put you down.
Yoesof: wait a sec, stop smoking, no I can’t cos one still want to smoke, can you give me another deal?
Myself: okay, stop for only one month.
Yoesof: that’s great yea can.
Myself: seem to be easy for you, alright then let me add one more, stop buying COCA COLA.
Yoesof: Damn you. Alright. But if my friends offered or I went to fast food, I will take coca cola; otherwise i will follow your rule, Deal. But wait, so what is the major purpose for this deal.

Myself: good question, if you failed, you are not allowed to talk about success “don’t ever and never talk about success neither to yourself or your friends”
Yoesof: hehhehe, sounds great, but if I managed to do that “What’s In It For Me?”…
Myself: well you already knew, I will be standing next to you forever, which means you are capable to control your worst enemy.
Yoesof: Deal. “9/8/2010”
Myself: yoesof, don’t you feel Ramadan is coming? Let’s delay it to Ramadan.
Yoesof: you are smart, but not smarter than me, you just started to play with me huh? Well sorry, tomorrow is too late


This just happening, I still suffering from both buying cigarette and coca cola, my mind “myself” keep asking me to buy cigarette or delaying or saying that since you are going to smoke again, what’s the point for me to stop for one month.
These thoughts I believe everyone has whether for stoping cigarettes or else, and the funny thing is: these kind of thoughts only happen when we plan to do something good for ourselves.
Besides, I believe all of the success or non-success had the same situation that I am having now, so either to give up or continue my journey to the end.
I am so wants to be success; I want that goal so badly. So I am still fighting with my own thoughts that I will ever give up….

May allah help me
Thank you for you reading my friends and hopefully this story might help you for something.

thank you
yoesof s. hilaby

No comments:

Post a Comment